Types of Residential EV Charging Options
What to Consider when looking for Your Home EV Charging Station Needs:
• Do you have an electrical panel able to support a level 2 charger?
• Does charging time matter to you?
• Do you have a safe location to install desired charging option?
Level 1 110V Charging stations usually require no upgrade to your service panel and are equivalent to plugging an EV into a standard household 110-Volt wall outlet. Manufacturers typically include a Level 1 cord set with EV purchase.
Level 2: Level 2 240V (May Require Service Upgrade*) Charging stations are up to four times faster than a Level 1 Stations and charge your car between 13-25 miles per hour of charge. chargers typically cost $500 to $700. You will need to have a 240-volt outlet professionally installed on dedicated circuit.
What to consider when looking at level 2 and 3 EV Charging stations:
Good Energy Group always recommends whether you choose to work with us or not, get a consult by a qualified electrician to assess whether your electrical panel has the capacity for a level 2 charger or if you may require some upgrades to allow proper and safe usage of the new level 2 charging station. A level 3 charger is primarily used and permitted to operate in a commercial capacity.
• Certifications – ENERGY STAR®, ETL, cETL Listed
• Service – 208V to 240V – 20A to 80A, single phase, 2 wire w/ground
• Charge Current Output Power – 208V to 240V-16A to 64A continuous (3.3kW to 15.4kW)
• Service Ground Monitor – Constantly checks for the presence of proper safety ground
• Automatic Circuit Reclosure – After minor power faults
• Charge Circuit Interruption Device – Ground fault protection with fully automated self-test, eliminates manual user testing
• 25-foot charging cable
• Three year warranty
• Install hardwired or plug-in
• Indoor/outdoor rated fully sealed (NEMA 4) enclosure
• Operating temperatures: -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C)
• Wall mount holster included
|Circuit Breaker Rating:||20A||30A||40A||40A||60A||80A|
GO SOLAR TODAY
GOOD. Roofing Group works closely with some of the best and most affordable solar companies allowing us to provide a great offer whether you work with us or not!